Why am I suddenly losing fat in certain places?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.

I really hope someone can help me, and will read my thread.

So my main question is, is it possible to lose fat suddenly in certain part of the body, where you didnt use to lose fat, although the rest of your body remains the same?

I'll give you a quick backstory.

So I'm a 22 year old woman, who has just been diagnosed with a microadenoma in my brain (which is not harmful at all). I started struggling with Acne in April 2021, for the first time in my life, after I gained around 15 kg (33Ib). I was extremely skinny before the weight gain, so it was healthy for me to put on the weight (although I did perhaps eat a bit too much). One thing I noticed, however, is that I especially gained a lot of weight in my thighs. Over the course of the summer/fall 2021, I proceeded to gain weight, although all the weight suddenly went to my stomach/waist area. My acne was at its worst as well. I decided to start losing weight again, as I of course didnt like the excess fat I had gained on my stomach, yet I noticed that only the fat in my thighs went away. I have searched everywhere for an explanation of this phenomenon, seeing as I thought, it wouldnt be possible, for you fat distribution to change so drastically.

I believe it to be correlated to some hormonal issues, because of the microadenoma on my pituritary gland, yet every time I've had blood work done, the results show that none of my hormones are out of balance.

And I just thought it wouldnt be possible for ones fat distribution to change so drastically, as I mentioned before.

I'll insert some photos that show the difference in my thighs from before and after.

I hope anyone can help me because I am deeply confused.!

imageimageimageimage

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.