Why do I get abdomen pain after gallstone attack

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been getting gallstone attacks more often. The past two days I've had an attack and both times they've lasted over 8 hours. I don't know what to do with myself and the pain gets so bad I feel my whole stomach going into spasm. What worries me is the feeling the next day. I've got up this morning and although the pain has subsided I feel so tender in my whole abdomen. It feels like I've pulled my stomach muscles and when I breath in I feel sore under my rib cage. Is this normal? I have an appointment with a consultant Saturday and I just hope he will get this sorted as soon as possible. I'm frightened to eat incase it brings on another attack.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Say u want ur gallbladder taken out that ur in so much pain I started with pain in February this this and got mine removed October it is worth it I still suffer the odd pain but I'd put up with this then the pain I went through every 2 days! If you have to wait a while get strong painkillers from doctors and use a hot water bottle on ur tummy and lots of hot baths.... I had a attack for 21 hours I was crawling up the walls.... Know who u feel and I hope u sort ur self out soon...
  • Posted

Thanks Lisa. I saw consultant today. Have a MRI booked for Monday and hopefully surgery next Saturday. He was good enough to say that if I have an attack beforehand they'll admit me as an emergency. So glad I have healthcare insurance and am lucky enough not to have to put up with it for much longer. Feel so bad for those who have to suffer for a long time waiting on NHS. It's not nice. I had kidney stones years back and think my last attacks were as bad as those. Will put up with a bit of discomfort to get rid of the bad attacks. Have tried hot water bottles. I ended up taking liquid morpheme i was prescribed when I had my tummy tuck. Apparently my weight loss surgery is the probable cause of my gallstones. He said its common after gastric sleeve or bypass.
  • Posted

Hi I've been suffering with right sided pain back area, heartburn , bloated for a while now and scan showed gallstone in neck if gallbladder which is why my pain is constant but luckily I'm booked to have removed on 28th scared but relieved hope all goes well for you.
  • Posted

HELP HELP HELP My father is 62 and he is puking after an enormous gullbladder attack, he is allergic to codeine and he took perkaset (which doesn't bother him) I think... he's having an anxiety attack and sitting by the toilet groaning over and over..... I'm 18 in medical studies so any advice will be put to immediate good use... Plez... Plez halhp.... 
  • Posted

Hi Karon, I know the feeling well, I had an attack last night and my stomach is so sore this morning the pain eased at about 5.30am this morning it started at 9.30pm last night. 

My trouble started in February after losing 1 and half stone in 6 weeks which I now know was to fast.

ultra sound confirmed several stones, sludge, inflammation of Gallbladder wall thickening, I had MRI 2 weeks ago and see the consultant on the 4th of August,I hope they will take the Gallbladder out soon, it's the worst pain ever, I hope all goes well for you. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.