Why does deep inspiration trigger my SVT!>

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi the title pretty much explains it, it drives me nuts i feel like always have to watch over myself and basically not breath its horrible.

i haven't been officially diagnosed with what i have but i know its some form of svt, its rapid and regular, 170-230bpm usually. However sometimes when one starts off its usually irregular (1 normal 2 atrial 1 normal 2 atrial) like my heart is trying to reset itself.

anyone else have this?

they seriously need to do some research into this, hundreds of people on here know there trigger but doctors dont believe it, the deep breathing/position changes i believe mechanically presses somewhere its shouldn't be, triggering and ectopics at a odd parts within the heat beat then setting off an svt episodes. i guess it wouldn't be an issue if you didn't have svt, itd just be a little skip not a full blown episode

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi my svt and ectopic beats are triggered by breathing in it used to be postural changes and also taking deep breaths in that caused it but over the years it is now also trigggered by changes in the air aswell so its now any inspiration. This isnt all the time sometimes my heart seems more sensitive than others but if there is a sudden gust of wind or walking under air conditioning if a window is open and there is a breeze or steam from a pan. Any of those things now bring it on either ectopics or full blown svt. My cardiologist just says that different things can cause it for different people but for me this is not an answer and there doesnt seem to be a solution.

• Posted

ive never heard of that one before ! i hope mine doesn't develop into that, are you on medication for it?

any tips of how to desl with it mentally, i fined it ruins my day if i get one

• Posted

Deep breathing can trigger mine as well. Burping, swallow, bending, sudden moves.

I had 2 ablations and still nothing.

I have a hiatal hernia that could be causing it.

Burping = esophagus, stomach, hiatal hernia

Bending = stomach, hiatal hernia, vagus nerve

Breathing = Diaphragm, lungs

Something is triggering it several times a day but short runs 1-20 seconds.

• Posted

I know the frustration you feel regarding svts and any change in position may trigger one. Bending or jumping suddenly sets one off occasionally. sometimes sitting in a hunched position will also, at first I thought it was because I was holding my breath at intervals due to me concentrating but my doctor dismissed this and said it was to do with being hunched over and something pressing on a nerve. Thats what an ablation apparently fixes.

• Posted

thankyou for your reply, have you considered an ablation?i also have respiratory sinus arrythmia i dont know if it's linked or not to an unusually high vagal tone

• Posted

Hyper arousal or over stimulation is a trigger also. Watching some sporting events is out, weddings and parties I have to watch how excited I become. I'm an anxious person and it seems that anxiety and excitement have the same physiological response to be a trigger.

• Posted

yes i totally get what you mean excited also makes it worse for me its actually so s**t, not feeling like you can freely feel your emptions. theres not really much we can do really, im only 21 and its getting more and more frequent

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.