Why is he avoiding the topic?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there, i would like people's pure advice on this one because i have now drawn a blank. My counsellor didn't speak about what i needed to this week and keeps saying i find life hard because my dad was rotten when i was a kid. I don't want to talk about him. I see him because been assaulted twice has ruined any relationships i have with people. I need to speak about this and get him to listen to me. But. This is sp tough to say i don't know how. How would you get him to listen at all? I really appreciate anything you say because i have said this for months and i now feel i'm banging my head against a brick wall.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam.

You just say dad I've got a problem and i find it hard to talk about it to you, when I was a little girl ( a child ) we would talk but now I'm grown up I cannot express my feelings can you help me.

But don't come straight out with it make up a story leading your self to the point that you struggle with, you may cry but a dad will see his little girl hurting and want to help take away the pain, I know because when I found it hard to speak to my parents about something they would always treat me as their baby which I was and still am even as a pensioner, so try it Sam let me know how you get on.

John

• Posted

Hi John, i can't speak to my dad, he was by now 7 years ago at a chapel of rest having died at 2.25am. it was Easter morning 2012. I feel broken today, not dreadfully so, so speaking to my dad i can't do.

• Posted

Sorry John also the counsellor i see has got this wrong. Dad NEVER hurt me at all, 2 scumbags did so as a result i'm finding it hard to deal with.

• Posted

Sorry to hear your dad passed over and i wasn't suggesting that your father had anything to do with your problem, but i still believe you can talk to your dad, try it.

John

• Posted

Oh i see and no need to apologize about my dad. I do speak to my dad if you see what i mean, in prayer.

• Posted

hi to the people who have spoken and replied to this post. this is to let you know this is only once again an issue because i am currently having assault counselling and the issue of my dad has come up again. every time i bring up assault my dad is dragged into this! my dad didn't do the damage - other people did. this has nearly caused me to take my life it has got that bad! thanks again for being bothered to reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.