will the sickness go?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Day 4 on first dose of MTX.....I feel terrible... I feel like i have a massive hangover but without no alcohole..its never ending.. i thought id feel unwell day 1 maybe 2...but i feel like im getting worse..struggling to get to work today and then a 12/14 hr shift on top is really hard today..sore throat , headache; temperature and sickness. plus pain...i feel worse than i did!..it does wear off by 11ish and i can eat a small meal in evening..then its back but worse...am I being a wossy? im going to speak to the team next week after my next mtx and see if there are changes...No nose bleed today! whoop! Ginger buisuits help with sickness...also ginger tea...wish me luck to get through my shift!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Aww bless you Michelle I wish you luck with your shift and hope you get through it, I remember being like that when I had a daunting shift in front of me, not as bad as you but it's not a nice feeling, hope you can tolerate it when your body gets used to it, it is scarey stuff isn't it? It took me all my time to just take a paracetemol before and the last six months my poor liver hadn't known what's hit it, before I was diagnosed I lived on paracetemol and Ibrufen and it subsided when I got diagnosed ( typical) lol and actually I have had no pain since, but however they put me on the methotrexate and I have had anxiety since about it, not the RA but as I said in an earlier post they took me off it as enzymes in my liver were raised I should of actually tookmy next lot this morning it was nice to not bother lol. But when I go for my next blood text on the 16th the rhumatologist nurse told me over the phone that they will probably put me back on it at a lower dose, they don't give up easy do they

• Posted

Hey. My sympathies go out to you, I hope your shift goes as good as it can do. You should be having bloods at least every other week, and they need to check you are ok on your dose as it could be giving you problems. Your body is adjusting to it and just eat small  amounts through the day to keep your nutrition up. If it is really bad, go see the GP and get them to give you some metoclopromide or cyclizine, they are anti emetics and helped me in the short term with the sickness. The other scenario is that you may just have picked up a bug as MTX does affect your immne system, the bloods should pick up on that. Some people on this forum have got fantastic results on the MTX - so don't give up hope, but if you feel that bad, it is worth it to get checked out as your liver and kidneys are just as valuable! Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.