Windpipe problems, anyone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis for 4 years now, have kidney problems in the past and now just started upper lung and windpipe problems, Internet has information on G with P Kidney and lung problems but no information on Windpipe closing with this disease, has anyone come across this problem before.  I am 80 years old.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes, narrowing of the windpipe is a complication.  The severity differs.  I was told by an ENT physician that if I had surgeries requiring a breathing tube,  I need to ask them to use a small size to prevent scaring.  I have also noticed how difficult it has become to swallow the larger vitamins.  Funny as this sounds, I can not eat radishes anymore......They just won't go down........Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.