Withdrawal bleed after switching to patch

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi!

I started the patch last Thursday after swapping from the pill. I took my last pill in the pack on Wednesday evening and then started the patch the next evening. Last night (so three days after starting patch), I then got a withdrawal bleed (not spotting) which I thought was odd as there was only one day between swapping methods. Ive been skipping periods for a few months so this is my first withdrawal bleed for a while but it still came on my 'usual' period day like it used to, so its almost like a normal withdrawal bleed, even though I have a patch on.

Does this mean the patch isn't working for any reason and my body isn't taking in any hormones or is this normal?

It hasn't fallen off at all and is on securely so I can't see why it wouldn't but the withdrawal bleed has thrown me off. Surely there wasn't enough time between swapping methods for one to happen? But im not too sure.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.