Withdrawal help struggling

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'd really appreciate any advice on withdrawing of Venlafaxine. I've been on 37.5mg tablets 2x a day for the last 5 years and want to come off.

I contacted my doctors and spoke to a pharmacist who said for two weeks take 2 tablets a day and then every other day take 1 tablet and then the following two weeks take 1 a day and then come off completely. However, I know from experience when I've only taken 1 tablet I get extreme withdrawal symptoms. The fatigue is so extreme I feel like I can't function, I get night sweats and vivid dreams, heart palpitations and just feel 'out of it' until I feel like I have to take another tablet.

It scares me, because I don't know how I'm meant to wean off them whilst still being able to function and go to work? I feel like doctors (from my experience) are so unaware of how difficult it is to come off them and I wish I was never put on them.

I'd be grateful if anyone has any successful experiences or anything they would suggest that could potentially help with coming off them.

Thank you 😃

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, just saw your post. Are you completely off the pills now? If you still need help let me know, my doctor gave me a 12-week withdrawal program. I only have three days to go and its been soooo much easier than any other weaning programs I've tried.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.