Withdrawal Mirtazapine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all,

I'm in psychological treatment, I'm taking various medications (Paroxetin , Elvanse Clonazepan...). Last week my psychiatrist took me of Mirtazapine 15mg cold turkey after using it for three months and prescripted me Topiramat and Quetiapin. I went through hell with the withdrawal. Yesterday I went to talk to my psychiatrist and he said that he doesn't believe in Mirtazapine withdrawal. But now I'm back on Mirtazapine 15mg until I stabilize and then I will reduce 1/4 of the tablet every week. What are your experiences with withdrawal from Mirtazapine? And what is the best way to do it?

I'm very afraid now with the terrible experience I had.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello,

My experience with that drug is : at the begining 15 mg /7days then 30 mg /1 year. After 1 year because i felt much better I start withdraw process. 2 weeks /15 mg,3 weeks 7,5 mg and another 2 weeks 7,5 mg (one day on,one day of). I had not any simptoms. I hope you feel better.

Best regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.