Withdrawl Symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I took Ami at the end of October 22 for 14 days. I had really bad reaction to the drug. Soooo dizzy and nausea, tingles and muscle aches, heart pulpitations etc. I stopped taking it after 14 days cold turkey as I didn't know you were supposed to taper. I had full blow panic attacks and anxiety was horrendous! I ended up in A&E to have an ECG, scan of the brain MRI on the neck. After finding out there was nothing wrong with and searching the internet I realised all my symptoms was due to withdrawl. I have been on a journey of mindfullness and yoga since then trying to stay calm. Was doing really well the past month but I've hit the 4 month mark and BAM! all symptoms back again. Is this quite normal at 4 months? The worst for me is the pressure in the neck and back of head and feeling like i'm being pulled to once side. Strange! Please tell me it gets better, doctors don't believe me.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Michelle.

I don't have any specific help for you as my situation has been different (but still horrendous), but I just wanted to reply on this thing about the doctors nor believing you.

Most mainstream doctors it seems to me, are in total denial about the withdrawal from Ami. It can be absolutely awful and long lasting. I am still battling with it and have loads of symptoms all the time, that I find it hard to make sense of, and hard to know what is the Ami and what is possibly something else etc.

I am still on about 1mg a day after a year of tapering, after going cold turkey without thinking anything of it at the time, because the doc who prescribed it had told me "you're on such a low dose (10mg) that it's no big deal etc". It has been a nightmare basically.

So my situation is different in that, sadly, I am still on the damn stuff. But I do know from personal experience that Ami messes with lots of things in body/nervous system, so I wouldn't rule out that it's causing some issues, although it appears curious that you have been going symptom free (if I have that correctly?) for 4 months after coming off the Ami, and you only took it for a very short time. However, it seems to be very personal, how it effects people.

I have read accounts of people finally becoming symptom free after tapering/coming off it, and I pray that I'll arrive there sometime, Sorry I can't offer specifics about your 4 month return of symptoms - I hope someone else drops in here who has some experience of that kind of thing happening.

Just to wish you strength to get through it and know that you are not alone in what you are dealing with..... many people are struggling with the aftermath of this drug.

Kind regards to you,

Kev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.