wks 3 and 4 sloppy food ???

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my band fitted on 6th of january,I am on wk 4 ( sloppy food ) can anyone please give me some meal ideas, gettin boerd of same things now .

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Emma what foods are u currently eating
    • Posted

Try lasgne or inside of jacket potaoe with beans. Anything that can be mashed down with a fork. It does get boring at that stage but stick with it. Its all worth it iv 2st 5lb off since sep im buzzing 😊
    • Posted

Okay great thank you ! Will do nervous bout introducing solid food thats great well done you i have lost 2 stone 3 pound so i am pleased smile x
    • Posted

emma pls eat what you can at the minute because after the next fills you will struggle to keep anything down, believe me.   I have reached my target but am still learning what i can eat, it really is a hard slog for the rest of our lives and we have to learn to eat tiny bitesize portions
  • Posted

Hi Emma, 

How have you been finding it? I'm going in next week and getting more and more nervous about the whole thing. 

Really dreading the liqued and slop phase! 

• Posted

Hey try and keep busy, i was the same. From my experince i was laid up for 4 days after it found it difficult sitting and getting up, had wind pain but gripe water n peppermint tea helped it all, i have lost 2 stone and 3 pound so far so loving it still getting used to the 20 20 20 routine but all in so far an glad i got it done, still early days get my first band fill next week so wee bit nervous bout that x
    • Posted

okay! This makes me feel a lot better, thank you so much! Will keep thinking about tatsty slop recipies smile There must be a decent ones somewhere! 
    • Posted

No problem and my wounds have healed so well smile yes best thing to do is plan ahead be organised first week after i lived on cupa and tinned soup when i felt better and was able to move better i made homemade soup and blended it was so much tastier lol, good luck !!! Hope all gose well and it is so quick getting the op couldnt believe it lol x
  • Posted

sheps pie, fish pie, cheesey mash, smoothies, cauliflower cheese, smooth soups, stewed fruit with custard, houmous, cream cheese, corned beef mashed with some veges and pots (bit like the inside of a pasty), milk pudding such as semolina, cottage cheese, blitz some smoked salmon with cream or cottage cheese to a smooth pate consistency, mashed banana with yog or custard, oats so simple, weetabix, fromage frais, mousse ,  inside of fishcake - add spices or herbs to liven up meals
  • Posted

Hi Emma - did they tighten your band at the insertion? Have you had it filled again since?

I had my band on 23 January - still not feling any food restriction.

• Posted

this is totally normal infact it will slacked off if anything over the coming wks - when you get your first check up after your op at around 6 wks post op that is when you normally get your first fill but i dont want to disappoint you or give you false hopes, this often does not make a great deal of difference - you need to buil d up yr restriction over many mths with several fills - it is very rare that you get good restriction with the small amount they put in (if it all) when you have your op - to be honest i was a good 6mths out before i could feel much difference but i practised health eating habits along the road and did lose slowly and gradually despite this lack of restriction so hang on in there - it is VERY early days for you just yet and until you have several fills the feeling of no restriction will continue
    • Posted

Hey no nothing in band just now get my first fill on friday......i will be honest ave kind of fell off wagon eating too much so hoping come friday i will be back in the game lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.