wondering if i could have an autoimmune disorder

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, over past 3 months many symptoms , fly like thing coming and going , tempreture changing , boiling hot , hot finfers forhead then can be cold the next ....sometimes burning sensation on my back , aching joints , fingers toes in the morning , and sometimes a prickerly rash across my torso , goes once iv cooled down and m tired to after doing very little ..

iv had so many blood  tests last week  recently showed nothing  even inflamitory markers came back normal ...except vit D defieency , the doctors , seem to just think its all in my head i think as i get anxious ..

any ideas where i should go from here? of blood tests to look for on my result form to make sure they have checked for certain blood tests to do with immunity ...

any ideas ? anyone had similar ?

thanks 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I agree with MrsMop, it does sound like menopause, have they tested for this? 

I have an autoimmune disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis.  You usually find that there is a family history with auto immune diseases and in my case there was.  Did the doctor ask you about your family history?  My AS was confirmed after showing several symptoms, performing x-rays & MRI's and most importantly a blood test for the gene HLA B27.  This gene is associated with inflammatory diseases.  Vitamin D deficiency is again often linked to inflammatory diseases.

If you really dont think you have been given a fair hearing I would suggest that you pursue a second opinion but definately dont rule out the fact that you could be early menopausal.

• Posted

Many thanks , other people have mentioned early menopause , im just 43 ...my mum did go through it early not sure exact age but in 40s ..doctor didnt mention that at all quite dismisive to what it couls be ...just anxiety ....my fingers and toes are def aching when i clench and its this hot raised tempreture thing thats most odd ...any ideas what the hormone thing would look like on a blood result print out ..so many numbers and codes cant tell ...
  • Posted

The other thing that is a possibility, is thyroid problems.

https://patient.info/health/hypothyroidism-underactive-thyroid-leaflet

https://patient.info/health/hyperthyroidism-overactive-thyroid-leaflet

Here is a general leaflet on blood tests

https://patient.info/health/blood-test-general-points

• Posted

thanks , they checked thyroid all came back normal ....

im at a loss to what it could be ...but i know im not right ....

• Posted

I'll keep my thinking cap on!

Vit D deficiency can cause muscle and joint pains.  Are you taking supplements?

• Posted

yes for vit D , was releived found something , but im not convinced thats the real cause , iv been looking up lupus ...? sounds similar symptoms to ... soo confusing ...but no idea if had test fot that in my huge amount of blood tests no idea what the coad would be ...
  • Posted

My initial thought also was that it sounds like early menopause.
    • Posted

thanks , i cant also tell if iv had blood tests for hormones either ...so confusing ...iv got a long print out but little good as i really cant interprite much of it ....

can you be early menopause with no " classic " symptoms ....iv still got periods , no hot flushes more tempreture changing ..

• Posted

thank you for your help  , iv  just looked , doesnt give a list of symptoms  im not sure, as mine dont really fit with the classic ones ...
  • Posted

I'm still suffering ... Had hormones checked all ok had lupus blood test all ok... I'm getting no where with my doctor they think I'm just anxious anxiety and this is making me worse ..

I don't know where to go from here , all I know is I'm not right , I feel tired constantly , temperature fluctiating , occasional heat rash across tummy , disappears once I'm cool .. I just not sure who I should see ... I have had ibs for years but considering could be an auto immune disease like IBD or something .. But with a reluctant doctor wanting to go further I'm not sure what to do ...

• Posted

have you been checked out for thyroid disease ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.