Worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

After i had my daughter 10 years ago., I had to go to E.r. THey said i was extremely anemic and said if the irons pills didnt work they would have to do a blood transfusion.. Well it went up so i didnt have to get the transfusion.. On October 21st i started to feel light headed numb in hands in feet , blurred weird vision,no apetite , very emotional, i honestly thought i was going to die... i just went to bed scared because i didnt know what was wrong with me a few days past. And i knew something wasnt right soo i went to the doctors and he said i had ANxiety, which was was shocking bc im a very happy person. AFter he ran blood tests the next day the results were my hemoglobin was 7.9. The office lady told me to take 2 iron pills a day for 2 weeks. it went up to 8.1 but turns out i wasnt taking enough iron he wanted me on 325 mgs 2 times a day.. now my question is im still light headed and dizzy every now and then, and i get really anxious still out of no where. Now its not as bad as the first 5 days. but im just not feeling like myself.. The doctor said I will start feeling better slowly. BUt WHat causes the anxiety and sadness and weird vision? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to say i never kept up with my anemia due to lack of insurance through the years. I know thats my fault thats why im where im at now. SO im sure ive been living with anemia for a long time,

• Posted

Anemia causes many symptoms. It throws your whole body off. I had a racing heart, weird vision, restless legs, dysphagia, couldn't exercise and was tired and irritable. My iron was 2, and hemo 7.6. It took awhile to feel better and I also took 2 iron pills a day.

Hope you feel better soon. It does take a bit to be back to normal. All my symptoms are gone except I feel tired sometimes.

• Posted

Thanks you made me feel better. Feels good to hear others dealing with it the same. My hemoglobin was 8.1 Friday so hopefully I'll feel better soon. I get tested again in a month. My doctor gave my klonopin 5mgs to help with the anxiety, panic attacks. But im trying to deal 2 with it naturally. I just feel alone during this. Bc I want to feel better for myself and my family.. sad when I can't even go to my child's bball practice bc i start having anxiety, or I get dizzy and upset. Soo frustrating but I have to remind myself it's not a quick fix.
    • Posted

I was the same I gave birth in feb and in July had a rapid heart beat out of the blue before I had been feeling tired and breathless, went to a+e they said anxiety, they hadn't checked my bloods properly and my doctor informed me 2 weeks later I was anaemic I'm now on 630mg iron daily until at least December. I do feel better in myself but I'm scared when I come off the iron tablets I'll get back anaemic as I don't have a great diet. This has also caused me anxiety I have panic attacks regular and ectopic heart beats which scare the life out of me. My daughter isn't getting all the love she needs because I'm scared to exert myself sad hopefully won't be long until we're back to normal safe to say it's ruining my life x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.