Worried about appendicitis..

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I was diagnosed roughly a month ago with post infectious IBS. Was getting bad pains mainly tucked under my right rib, Bloating, loose stools. 

Had a blood, urine and fecal test which all came back fine. 

Now, yesterday-36 hours or so ago I started noticing a kind of burning, tingling pain a bit lower down next to my hip (where I assume my appendix to be). I'm almost certain I've had this pain before in the same position over the month but it's a very different pain to the 'stitch' like pain I originally had under my rib. It's very tender to the touch and kind of hurts/burns when I touch it, but it's quite a mild pain. It sometimes randomly  throbs from time to time. 

Worried of the worst and being a bad anxiety sufferer I immediately went to A&E and the doctor took my temperature, blood pressure which was normal.

He touched over my abdomen/appendix area and used a stethoscope to listen to it and he said all that was fine. 

He said my appendix seemed fine but this pain is really worrying me now, how can be so sure if he didn't even run any tests? 

I would love to hear anyone else's opinion on this. Am I just being silly here and this is just my IBS? 

Thanks in advance. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Jack: There's another contributor named Becky-Louise who posted a discussion called Has anyone experienced abdominal pains after having their appendix removed?

Maybe reading about someone else who has had a similar experience will help you figure out how worried and/or assertive you need to be regarding your present situation. Let me know if that helps. Also, I googled IBS after apendectomy and got quite a few hits that you may want to explore. Good luck!

• Posted

Jack: There's another contributor named Becky-Louise who posted a discussion 10 months ago called Has anyone experienced abdominal pains after having their appendix removed?

Maybe reading about someone else who has had a similar experience will help you figure out how worried and/or assertive you need to be regarding your present situation. Let me know if that helps. Also, I googled IBS after apendectomy and got quite a few hits that you may want to explore. Good luck!

• Posted

hiya  my daughter who was 12  had her appendix out 2 x months and since then, she has had nothing but pain,  she said its like a rock sitting in her belly,  more so when she eats,  the out of hours go said it could be ibs,  her gp referred  for bloods which shows  clear except her esr,  just awaiting refall with consultant they are too easy to wipe under the carpet and lable it as ibs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.