Worried about caner and postmenopausal bleeding

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi really worried about my postmenopausal bleeding only due to having had treatment about 27 yrs ago for abnormal cervical cells and since then have yearly smears all ok glad to say..

But today I am bleeding 2 years after my last period has anyone been through this

Please good or bad experience I need some help and advice I am

Terrified at the moment thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You poor girl, of course you're worried. You have to get this checked out. You don't talk about any other symptoms,via this could be a simple erosion. PLEASE let us know how you get on.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your comment. Any symtoms like being tired mood swings etc I have naturally put down to the menopause. As I have a smear every year and they have been clear up to now. So not really been overly concerned about the menopause, But after doing a bit of internet hopping, I think I have more symptoms e.g., very poor bladder control sometimes none at all which has been extremely embarrassing on times. I also noticed recently that orgasms are extremely wet and watery, no pain apart from upper legs and back can ache after just walking upstairs, (but I have border line high cholesterol. ) sometimes to the point of having to sit on the bed for a while until it subsides, it dosnt happen everytime but enough to notice. Till yesterday I have been putting it down to age and life stresses. On reflection maybe I've been a little flipant with it all. Just wish it was a week day not the weekend, 2 days is a long time when this happens. I'll keep you posted though. Fingers crossed😢😟😯🙈🙉🙊👍👌🙏💗
  • Posted

Sounds like most of those other symptoms are typical menopausal symptoms.  If you are having regular paps and they're fine, it could be a number of benign conditions.  If you are on HRT, that will cause some bleeding.  You can actually have what is called a "rogue period" where something kicks back in after months of your last regular period.  Some say that just means you aren't done yet.   Your symptoms are like mine.  I had regular smears for fifteen years with one gyno with only two abnormalities during that time which were metaplasia, not to be confused with dysplasia.  Then upon going to a new gyno, got a high grade class of pap result which resulted in colpo, biopsies and nothing more than a CINII.  Got a period like bleed while on vacation a few years ago three years after last period at 57.  But I had pms symptoms before it started and remarked to my husband that I felt like I was about to have a period and sure enough!  The human body is a strange thing and not everyone's is the same.  Check with you doc but I'll bet it's nothing but hormonal changes going on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.