Worried about my mum

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone I don't know if it's silly putting this on here but I looking for some reassurance hopefully anyway, my mums due a knee arthroscopy and patella chondroplasty and lateral release next month my worries are she has blood clots and a blood clotting disorder called thrombocythemia and high blood pressure and she is over weight aswell the consultant she saw a few months ago told her that he won't perform the surgery as he said if they remove all the stuff behind her knee they don't know if her leg could handle the weight because there was another patient who has an operation to remove all the old cartridge and things behind her knee and her lower leg had to be amputated so but she was referred to a new doctor and he's agreed to do it all but now im worried and so is she that she might come back from surgery with an amputated leg or more blood clots and stuff I'm quite worried about it all.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.