worried - Non healing anal fissure turned out to be anal cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I was wondering if anyone's doctor diagnosed them with an anal fissure which turned out to be anal cancer? (Female, aged 29)

I have had an ongoing anal fissure which is located in atypical location (they are 99% of the time located at a 12 or 6 o clock position (in line with the spine) but mine is on the side at a 3 o clock position). Most websites state that fissures located at the 3 o clock position are signs of an underlying condition e.g. Crohns, IBD, HIV which i know i do not have, or anal cancer which can only be confirmed with a biopsy.

My colon doc has given me GTN ointment to use for 6 weeks - if it doesn't help i will need to have further tests to rule anything else out.

I am really worried why it isn't healing and I know that most people with anal cancer are misdiagnosed due to it being a rare cancer which affects people over 60 years of age.

Any replies would be really appreciated.

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi, i am dealing with the exact same issue, i have such trouble actually making a bowel movement as my anus wont open due to the fissure which i think it is ! im freaked out that i have cancer also! i hope you have recieved some clarity since posting this! im going to my gp in two days again in hope of more answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.