Worrying bowel symptoms and seeking advice.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am a 37 year old female with 1 child aged 4. I don't drink alcohol or smoke, I drink minimal caffeine and am active with a fairly balanced diet.

Persistent symptoms: Constipation, bloating/gas, pelvic and abdominal pain (predominantly on right side and worse in morning), extreme fatigue, mucas in stools and generally feeling really unwell.

Around 2-3 years ago, I started to get a persistant pain in the right hand side of my pelvic and abdominal area. The pain is worse in the mornings. I went to see my GP and as I suffer with heavy and painful periods, they thought that was the cause or due to the constipation.

After numerous doctors appointments, they eventually ran bloods; (BONE) Bone Profile, (EGFR) Estimated GFR (Kidney), (FBC) Full Blood Count, (RFUN) Electrolytes & Creatinine, (TSH) Thyroid Function Test, (LFT) Liver Function Test. They also did a pelvic and abdominal ultrasound. The blood tests and scans came back clear, apart from showing mild anemia due to my heavy periods.

I am currently under gynecology. I am now tricycling my periods by taking Microgynon 30 and laxatives to help with my constipation.

In recent weeks, I have had further blood tests and 2 x stool samples; Calprotectin and FIT. In addition to the above bloods, they ran haemoglobin and transglutaminase IgA. All came back fine other than mild anemia and signs of pre diabetes.

My doctor has said she believes my symptoms are due to IBS and has booked me in for an appointment with a diabetesnurse.

My gynaecologist has also booked me in for a

laparoscopy to investigate the pains if believed not to be bowel related.

I am extremely worried, as these symptoms have been noticeable for a long time now and I feel as if I'm getting nowhere.

I have attached some photos for reference. If anyone has any advice or has been through something similar, please get in touch. Thank you!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.