Would you eat it?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi people i don't want to appear rude but a family member has just handed me a nestle smarties easter egg, safe or not?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi people, i have had a response off coeliac uk today, i was handed a smarties Easter egg by my mother-in-law but was told the eggs were mass produced but the inside contents in the bag? (the little smarties), are they safe to have or shall i decline the lot?

• Posted

I wouldn't eat the egg, simply because the way the chocolate was made included peanut oil and tree oil. Not only that and even though the candy is not listed as "gluten free" there could be additives in the smarties which can trigger the gluten type belly pain. if you crave chocolate, try eating Dark Chocolate from now on.

• Posted

hi lostintra, sorted i think, i spoke to my husband and we had forgotten our nephew's easter present so it's going to him instead, i was really worried but now i know it's going elsewhere then i don't need to. thanks for replying, this has never happened before!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.