Would you tell?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi guys, i currently with a self help general support group to help with anxiety. i have spoken to lots of people in the past. question is; my mum has caused so many problems and wont take ownership of the problems she has caused. would you say something or swallow what she done. she has done some really things, like leaving me and ignoring me when i was raped. where do i start to speak from and how. this is NOT counselling! confused, can you help!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Sam, I just spent forever trying to reply to this, & when I hit "submit," an old, unfinished version of what I was writing was posted--not what I meant to post, & I lost all of the revised stuff I was trying to send your way.

But, you know what, as this has such technical problems--&, more important, seeing that you posted EIGHT WEEKS ago & had not received even one response on here--I'm not so sure this is where either of us can get support.

I simply can't write all that I wrote before. (It was painful enough to write the first time.) Hey, if you're still checking this & could use some support, please, here (in this forum) let me know, and I'll be sure to check it for a couple days. If, in that time (before I give up on this service or whatever completely), you let me know you still want a reply, I'll be sure to oblige.

Regardless, I send my care and best hopes for you. (I've dealt with something really similar.) Hope you're well. —Annika

• Posted

hi Annika, i didn't expect any response from this post so tried to ignore the fact that i ever wrote, luckily after many months on a local list for support i now finally have it! i have only been there 3 weeks, it feels a really powerful thing to do. thank you for saying it's hard to comment on, i know it is but trying to write about it was just as tough. i feel really sad that this happened to me. years later i am still trying to process all this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.