Wow Help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Good Morning , 

Wow having the procure tomorrow and have found this forum has really worried me redface my anxiety has gone through the roof now , don't know if I can go through with it !! Is there anyone on here had a Good procure well not bad experience please .

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Seriously - don't stress. I think this forum must bring forward some extreme cases which is not helpful when the aim of the procedure is to reassure you.

I had mine recently and it was not all that bad. Yes you can expect crampy pains during from the air, but its a bit like being really bloated and having gripes after eating beans! If you have ever had an endoscopy, the colo is far less unpleasant.

I remember walking very slowly out of the hospital feeling full of air and yes with slighting jabbing windy pains but feeling absolutely euphoric that all was well!

Good luck and don't stress - I think you'll have read here the 1% of people who find them hard. The vast majority of people will have them, go home, spend an hour or two near the loo and get on with their day.

Good luck! 

• Posted

Hi, Andy thank you for the reply , good to here your experience wasn't as bad as people on have bit more encouraging !! Still very anxious but think it's all of it the results and the test just building up for tomorrow ??

• Posted

Pleasure, I also found a lot of my stomach / bowel symptoms have cleared up following investigative tests. A firm believer now in the mind making them a lot worse when you are worried.
  • Posted

Hi if your having just the sig you won't have to go through the 2 day prep I've had both and having another one in 4 weeks.still scary but it's like the dentist once it's done be proud of your self it's uncomtable yes but will be over in 20 mins.i shut my eyes and don't watch the screen find its better for me.you will be fine.

• Posted

Hi thanks Shirley , freaking out soooo much today probably won't sleep tonight at all and a long wait till 4pm tomorrow ??

• Posted

I had a good, painless, comfortable and interesting experience. I was being checked as I had late side effect after radio therapy for prostate cancer. I did not take any medication for the procedure.

Some months before my wife had the procedure after an acute bowel infection. Her bowel was still sensitive and she found it painful.

With my best wishes for an easy procedure.

• Posted

Thank you George for your response it's good too know there are people on here that have had a not so bad experience , thank you for your best wishes for tomorrow . ??

• Posted

Hi Anne, I've been having this test for about 40 years as I suffer from ulcerative colitis. It is uncomfortable but I wouldn't say painful. The staff have always looked after me. I take a while to recover because I have ME/CFS. It can be quite interesting if you can see the screen whilst undergoing the procedure. 

Hope this helps.

regards.

• Posted

Thank you Jk , very kind of you to reply, sorry to here about your condition as well hope they can give me a sense of what going on . Will try to relax tomorrow but very anxious even now thinking about it . 😖  .

• Posted

Hope all goes well.

• Posted

Worrying will not help.  Some have an OK experience.

Others have pain.

Again, I genuinely hope your experience goes well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.