WPW & Afib

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I've had WPW since I was 39 ....I take metoprolol for it ...it does and doesn't help ...now that I'm older I'm experiencing Afib too ...which is terrifying because of the possibilty of clots/strokes ...I'm starting to think about an ablation ...does anyone have a similiar situation...and what worked for you ...thank you!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My WPW caused Afib at the age of 23. It made my heart rate go to 300 bpm. I was in the hospital for a while. I had to get an ablation. So yes, I would recommend getting an ablation.

• Posted

Thank you Taylor! I have my appt with the EP dr in a few days to discuss an ablation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.