Wpw syndrome

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi should i be worried about wpw syndrome? Ive been newly diagnosed with this and i dont know if i should be alarmed or worried. Is it life threatening?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It can be life threatening but the chances are very low I believe it's about 2%. If you are taking medication it should help regulate your beats per minute and if you decide to get an ablation there is a 95% chance of success. I wouldn't worry about it too much, stress can make it worse, well pretty much anything worse. Call your doctor's office of you have any concerns for reassurance. Best wishes, by the way I had an ablation that corrected my pathway. It was a success.

• Posted

Hi thanks for the wonderful advice and for taking time to reply smile Im not anxious about it anymore. Ill see my cardio doctor within the week.
  • Posted

Shouldn't be life threatening, mainly annoying. Tried ablation 21 years ago but location too close to bundle of his for comfort, so not proceeded. Was on flecainide for 19 years with no problems or tachys. Only came off due to other (more recently developed) cardiac problems. Wish to go back on but can't, heart rate now not stable (it was on flecainide).

So long term drugs can control and give a normal life, don't worry about them if you need to take.

Ablation works great for some people but is not always a permanent cure may need to be done again.

Good luck with the tachys. Don't worry or be alarmed, it CAN be controlled.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.