xanax withdrawal???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can you get any withdrawal symptoms after 3,days of usage??

I only had 0.50 one night and next 2,days like 0,25.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yea..i assume you can feel crappy if you have been using any drug.

I feel crappy sometimes just when I drink coffee.

Drink alot of fluids...eat food....The water and the food will help you eliminate the toxins out of your body. 

• Posted

Go to the gym and sweat it out. The endorphins will help. Also stay away from caffeine. It's a temporary fix and you'll just feel groggy after.

You didn't take that much so it'll only take a couple of days.

• Posted

Not much at all. My theory is three days then stop for a few days. I Have done that before with no issues at all.
  • Posted

You're not going through Xanax or (benzodiazepene) withdrawal. What I believe you are experiencing is called benzodiazepene rebound. Xanax is an extremely potent drug and some individuals are more sensitive to benzodiazepenes than others. The rebound effect (anxiety, insomnia, feeling like you can't sit still, and sometimes even tremors, and lack of appetite) is actually quite common, although people usually have to use benzodiazepenes for at least a couple of weeks in order to experience it. Xanax is particularly notorious for this because of its short half-life and its slight difference from other benzodiazepenes in the way it's metabolized. My recommendation is to call your Doctor immediately and inform him of your symptoms. There are non-habit forming meds that can help with them. Also, exercise if possible and don't take naps only go to your bedroom to sleep. Force fluids and simple food as well. Most importantly, REMEMBER this experience and never take benzodiazepenes if you can avoid them. Inform all medical personnel of your sensitivity to benzodiazepenes. Because of your sensitivity to them, you are setting yourself up to be an actual benzodiazepene addict! And coming from someone who has been addicted to them for many years, you definitely don't want that!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.