Xofigo (

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi has any one had experience with this drug ? my dads doctore is suggesting it for him he is 84 with metastis prostate cancer.  also they said that medicaid does not pay for this so I am devestated any way I can get help ? Please let me know your thoguths ,

Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have heard of this drug but have not used it. It is specifically for treating cancer that has invaded the bone. It has shown to increase lifespan of those with metastatic prostate cancer AND to  improve the quality of life.
    • Posted

Thanks for your response Barney. Sorry for late response - keep thinking responses will go straight through to Yahoo. Yes - this treats cancer of the bone but unfortunately not of the Lymph.

Dad doing Ok on the XOFIGO.....side effects not too bad although he is still in some pain which I hope will improve with injection 2 next week. 

• Posted

You should search for clinical trials for xofigo and similar meds.

Of course the trials may not be in your immediate area, but that shouldn't stop you investigating further.

Each trail has different criteria for patient inclusion. Some are more flexible than others.

To save you time, before searching, be aware of

- your father's age

- his diagnosis eg Gleason 7

- the treatment he has already had eg surgery or radiation or both 

- post initial treatment therapy received eg hormone therapy 

If he is accepted then I doubt the meds will cost him a dime.

Good luck!

• Posted

Keep this link handy....Chemocare.com

It give you the b4reakdown of all the drugs....I find it helpful when the Uros are telling me about what my next level of drugs they want me to go on...Look for an alternative online to Xofigo and then go back and ask about that drug.

This is the first on the page,their are many more...

https://treato.com/Xofigo,Alternative/?a=s

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.