Yellow coated tongue

Posted , 5 users are following.

stopped metronidiazole last year my tongue has never been the same since i can brush it off with no soreness at all but it comes straight back again by the next day its worse at the back doctor said was yeast iv had 3 lots of nystatin and 5 days of fluconazole im at a loss iv been probiotics but its not helped at all its not yeast by the looks of it

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

also had a blood test to check if im immuno compramised an im not blood test was fine

• Posted

same thing hapened to me. White tongue that doesnt go away. Took NYSATIN an Difulcan and nothing changed.

• Posted

White tongue is caused by enlarged papillae on your tongue, those little finger-like things, which can be caused by vitamin deficiencies and guess what... Metronidazole depletes your thiamine (B1)! Perhaps you've had a low grade vitamin B1 deficiency ever since you took metro. I would try supplement your B vitamins as a whole, whilst also taking extra B1 as a seperate supplement. So long as its the thamine HCl form which is water soluble, I don't believe its harmful to supplement extra B1, but obviously check with a harmacist perhaps as I'm not a doctor and don't know your situation! Good luck!

• Posted

Hi, have you had any progress or explanation for this?

I've been dealing with a similar coating on my tongue but nothing has come back from the tests I've had done....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.