Yellow teeth

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am 40 years old. My teeth are yellow. Suggest a cure.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Buy some Listerine Cool Mint Antiseptic mouth wash and brush your teeth with it after your normal routine of brushing. You can use a cap off a small bottle to pour it in...a size your toothbrush will fit into. 
  • Posted

Brushing teeth would be the usual cure and prevention tip but try using a toothpaste that has baking soda and peroxide. Both have an effect on whitening. 
  • Posted

If you're a smoker, you need to stop that right away as tar causes discoloration of teeth.

Brush properly twice a day for at least two minutes.

Use a whitening toothpaste along with an electric toothbrush which is more effective for removing surface stains.

Eating fruits and vegetables with a higher water content

Big NO to smoking/tobacco

Reduce intake of certain drinks like soda, red wine, coffee, tea

Apply a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide overnight.

A quick recommendation for electric toothbrushes that I found to be effective:

1. Oral-B IO series
    2. Burst Sonic toothbrush
  • Edited

It absolutely normal for teeth to get yellow as you grow. But if it bothers you much, you can go for whitening strips ( use Burst, oral b )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.