Your experience with rectocele/rectocele repair?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello ... My rectocele of 25 years has suddenly worsened. At this stage I'm using estriol cream for the vagina, hopefully starting exercises and losing weight to avoid surgery.

Could you possibly share your experience with me? Did any of those measures work for you? I am so scared that surgery might lead to urinary incontinence.

Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If you have had a rectocele for 25 years I'm thinking it may be giving you a lot of bothersome symptoms. Using Estriol cream, losing weight and pelvic floor exercises are all excellent things to do but in my experience they dont help much with the root cause.

I had my rectocele repaired about 10 yrs ago and it was the best thing I ever did. It should not cause urinary incontinence, the surgery is done via the vagina. I wonder why you think it may cause incontinence...can you explain?

By the way, if you decide to have the repair, doing exercises and losing weight will help massively help towards recovery so dont give up on those.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.