Zilretta

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just had both knees injected with this steroid. it has lasted a whole lot longer then reg steroid. I had them done over a year ago when the Dr. introduced me to this new steroid. I think he said it came out in 2017....I think. I did not have to have the knees drained this time. Maybe because I didn't wait till I was in a terrible amount of pain. But was starting to have trouble once again so went in to see if I could go ahead with it. I am hoping it works as good and as long as last time. But all I do is get older (grin)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Check in occasionally and let us know how it goes. Is there a limit to the number of times you can receive an injection?

Glad it has worked well for you so far. Do you do any physio?

• Edited

Fi rst time i had the shots he said I'd be back in 3 months, so assuming this is how often. But thats only in the same place/leg etc. If in a different spot you can go in again.

No i don't do any physio, other than push mow and hike sometimes. Haven't been walking lately. I over did it push mowing awhile back and couldn't hardly walk for 2 days, just slept in chair, and drank very little water, so I didn't have to get up. This is one reason I went in before I got really bad again. Funny how that works, pain came on for 2 days like a bear, then went away.

Ok will try to remember to get back on here and keep you informed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.