zoloft almost killed me

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on 100mg of sertaline since January. I went to the emergency room 3xs in 1 week for iv. 3 weeks ago I asked the doctor to get off this med she said I have to be on it forever, so slowly i took myself off. The withdrawl is horrible. I almost lost my job. My blood pressure was 154/100 I am only 110 lbs. vertigo, brain fog I felt like i was paralyzed,SHAKYSHAKY bad, cant focus cant remember nothing.So yesterday I went to see the psych what a joke he said oh you need a different medicine after i told him 1 year ago i had a regular heartbeat now its irregular. I told him to go f*** himself and walked out as the nurse came running said you r not done I said oh yes I am You r not gonna kill me Im done! I quit my sertraline and lisinopril and my citaloprm and my tramadol. My blood pressure is 134/82 . Whats working for me emetrol for nausea, magnesium for sleep,goats mane(its wild mushrooms) for anxiety and brain function, flaxseed oil for anxiety, multi vitamin, b complex and vitamin d. Its been 3 weeks the worst has passed but im shaky and still have double vision in my lower eyes, But I can focus and hold 1 foot off the ground Somewhat still off balance but not bad.Just feel drunk but i can focus. Anyone else any ideas or does the mood get better,Does the anxiety and double vision go away?  am really irritated

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Lisinopril makes me light headed, dizzy, and pass out. My current doctor wanted me to go back on it, so I take 1/2 a 5 mg tab every other day and tolerate it ok.

Why did the doctor put you on sertraline in the first place?

Lots of people do well on natural herbs etc.

Good luck.

• Posted

I went to the psych friday blood pressure down 134/82 as opposed to 154/100 from not taking those meds i feel more energetic and awnry as ever

• Posted

What symptoms while you were on sertraline, caused you to go to the ER 3x?

Did you start out directly on 100mg?

• Posted

I was on sertaline for anxiety and depression. I went to the er because i thought I had a stroke. My left side of my face through my body was numb I couldn't eat, sleep or walk.  My heart was beating through my stomach. I had blurred double vision. Today I have been feeling pretty good just need my vision back and wake up feeling drunk when I dont even drink. Vitamins r my lifesaver. I was on 50 mg for 2 months

• Posted

I was on sertaline for anxiety and depression. I went to the er because i thought I had a stroke. My left side of my face through my body was numb I couldn't eat, sleep or walk.  My heart was beating through my stomach. I had blurred double vision. Today I have been feeling pretty good just need my vision back and wake up feeling drunk when I dont even drink. Vitamins r my lifesaver.

• Posted

Wow, I am so sorry to hear what you have been through.

I myself have had a year messing about with antidepressants. Sertraline, Fluoxetine, mirtazapine and amitriptyline.

Decided to come off everything two months ago and I have to say, I am starting to feel a bit better for it. I was constantly weak, exhausted and in a fog of aches and pain. It was no life.

I got annoyed that everytime you come back the answer is, just try another. These meds have catastrophic effects on your body. They will just make you more and more ill!

My vision has improved slightly taking omega 3, I get constantly blurry vision but it's just anxiety, I am hoping once the anxiety dies down, so does the vision.

Passion flower supplements have helped me more than anything to be honest!

• Posted

Thank you I will give passion flowers a try. I take Flaxseed oil as i am highly allergic to shellfish so omega 3 is out.Today I woke up feeling like the migraine is my right side of my brain and high anxiety shaking so bad. I hope it stops soon.

I feel like one step up the ladder and today I fell off

• Posted

today I went back to the dr for the vertigo, nausea and shakiness the dr told me to try reinstating 12.5mg for 3 days then 25 mg every 3 days for a total of 9 days then stop. Does the vertigo quit soon?

• Posted

Oh man Tammie,

I have been experiencing the same thing. Have been trying different SSRI's for the past year (very exhausting) the last one being Sertraline for 3 months. Had to give the Sertraline up. Was making me feel much worse. I also thought I was having a stroke when my whole left side of my body was going numb and my fingers locked up. Went to the ER as well and turns out it was just a panic attack. Very scary experience.

I weaned off the pills over a week and a half, directed by my psychiatrist 🙄, and it was definitely too fast. I tried to reinstate only 12.5mgs to see if it helped. Took it for one day and it was horrible. It's now been two weeks since I've had that last 12.5mgs and my brain still feels like it's tingling. I'm dizzy and my focus is off! It's horrible. Doctors will tell you that it's definitely not withdrawal symptoms after two weeks, but then what the heck is it!! The migraines are horrible. I have so much pressure in my head! Hoping this will go away. Sometimes I wish the doctors would take these meds themselves to see how withdrawal feels.

I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow and am going to ask her to send me to a neurologist because if she is insisting this isn't from the meds then I guess my head needs to get checked out by a neurologist. I'll let you know how it goes! Hang in there and try Benedryl or Dramamine. They help!

• Posted

hood for you im ready to do the same zoloft is making me so sick i went the hospital and it made me wanna die shaky so much anxitu i thought i was loosing my mind

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.