Zopiclone

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good afternoon,

I have just found this forum and hope that my experience and others on this forum will be act as a support network. I will keep my narrative as short as possible. I suffer from CPTSD and severe depression. Part of this is due to childhood trauma,Adult trauma and genetics. I have been taking medication for many,many years. I am a practising Buddhist which has been my 'go to' when feeling overwhelmed and not having the strength to pull myself through a black,dark,scary tunnel which goes on forever. I work,have a son and partner. They know me with and without depression. However, I have been taking zopiclone in very high quantities for many years. It is the only drug that allows me to sleep and remain calm. I have heard every reason for me to stop taking them but have decided that for now, I need to be on them. I have recently lost bothy parents, six months apart, as well as going cold turkey on zopiclone (they did not arrive in the post). I was admitted to hospital for nine days. Thereafter, I was in and out of mental health units (they made my situation worse). They could see that I could not sleep without the zopiclone. During this time, I started experimenting the most horrendous flashbacks, sometimes lasting up to six hours. I have never felt so much internal torment and really desperately wanted to end my life. It was not a selfish act, just a way to stop the intense pain. I am waiting for six counselling sessions,have started using my mantras again and work a few hours a week. I refuse to be judged by anyone for taking zopiclone. It is my burden to carry .If it allows me to have some peace then it has to be this way. I do not drink or smoke and try everything to keep myself safe. I have become a very good actress and put on a facade for most people. I used to feel so ashamed at what happened to me,but I have relinquished that for someone who deserves.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi maureen, so sorry you have complex PTSD, snap so do i! (no badge of honour/tit for tat anything like that - just honesty. it's horrible to live with - mine is partly family background the rest is multiple assault. the flashbacks, nightmares, the shaking, sweating and fear i can't ever shake! it's dreadful but by speaking to people you will find you can totally offload and start to really gradually reclaim your life back. the more you can speak the better it becomes. be brave - go to the counselling, take whatever you need with you. it took me years and still now if anyone mentions my abusers names i go cold and feel sick and shaky. don't hold back, you can't leave it, by holding back you're repunishing yourself. well done for seeking help to begin with.... 😁🤔🤞🤞🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Posted

I was in a similar position.

I now take doxylamine succinate (Costco Kirkland sleep aid, available online) and a 3mg melatonin also available online. Completely helps me sleep, is non habit forming and has changed my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.