Zopiclone . Been on for 4 weeks , what should I do

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

i have been taking zopiclone 7.5mg for the past 4 weeks now as i was having awful trouble with sleep anxiety sense having my baby and having a traumatic birth and really struggle with insomnia due to this.

i get myself so worked up at night time that i had to result in sleeping tablets which truly did work miracles and have been brilliant.

My problem is i now dont have any left and could not sleep at all last night due to this as my mind just would not shut off , this will be my second night without them and i suppose i just want to know should i of been weaned of them or will things get better ? if its only been 4 weeks could i be relying on these or is it maybe just in my head.

i really need to sleep due to having a baby that relies on me 24/7 everyday so any advice is so appreciated

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I also have been given this medicine after experiencing a heart problem that really worried me but i always took only half the 7.5 mg pill and it seemed to last about 6 hrs and then i would be able to sleep for another 2/3 hrs naturally .

It seems to wipe out any dreaming which is quite weird . Whenever i try and stop taking it i seem to get constant jolts in my head as i start to fall asleep and eventually my brain gives up . They say the way to stop this drug is to go down to half a tablet for a week and then a quarter - but so far i haven't kicked the habit and the thought of running out completely makes me very worried .

This pill is normally quite addictive after 4 weeks so i can see you might want to somehow wean yourself off them as i guess doctors wont want to prescribe beyond 4 weeks .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.