Zyprexa, Zypexa withdrawl and depression

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I've been on Zyprexa for about a year and a half at 15mg. I was put on Zyprexa to help with severe treatment resistant depression. I also take 150mg of Effexor and 300mg of Welbutrin. In the past year my depression has slowly gotten worse and I suspect it's the Zyprexa. About 3 months ago I decided to taper myself off Zyprexa. I went from 15mg to 7.5mg for 3 months. I experience moderate sleeping issues (I sleep between 4-8 hours and wake up about 10 times during the night), nausea and a dramatic increase in depression. My highs are lower and my downs are longer and more severe.

My two questions are this: 1) Has anyone experienced increased depression as a result of taking Zyprexa

2) Has anyone experienced an increase in depression as a result of Zyprexa withdrawal.

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

HI Josh

I am also tapering off zyprexa at present. I am tapering very slowly at 10% every two weeks. I was also put on it for depression but it has not,helped at all. i cant say my depression is worse but it certainly is no better.I am not sure how I will feel,when i am totally off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.