15 Year Old Girl w/ Constant Pain & Twitching (HELP PLEASE)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm 15 year old female, and an otherwise healthy person. Around early December of 2016, i started to get massive neck, arm (where elbow is) and shoulder pain and extreme headaches. In January of this year, they continued and I was hospitalized b/c they were so intense and I had multiple MRI's, blood tests, etc.  All the sudden, the pain stopped. I thought all of these had to do with a recent break up I had, and just went on my way. Around early March, I started to have some bad chest pain and my left calf hurt awfully, it feels all tight and I literally could not walk. They thought I had a blood clot. I had ultrasounds and blood tests; nothing. And now, starting on April 4th, I started having more problems w/ the left calf and now I still have the pain but now my calf is twitching...My left hand all started to hurt when I wake up, but once I use them I'm fine...It's all on my left side btw... I just have no idea what's going on, and I just want it to stop! I am in extreme pain, I've seen multiple doctors, and they have no idea what's wrong! I'm fearful of getting some diagnosis that would paralyze me like ALS or something else!! I JUST WANT SOME HELP!!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well ALS it highly unlikely especially as a 15 year old. I hate to mention to you what my first thought was only because it might scare you. But please understand that I know very little about this disease. You might look up MS multiple sclerosis. I really don't know what the symptoms are so please do not freak out. But since this seems to be affecting both sides of your body and you're having twitching I think you might want to Google it and see if it fits your symptoms. But also since you are only 15 years old I really think you need to talk to your parents about this whole thing. It's your parents that need to address this situation.

• Posted

Thank you for the bit of advice...I am glad that ALS dosen't happen in people my age, so I can rule that out I guess!! But I just wish there was some kind of medicine or something for the pain to stop.. sad

• Posted

By the way! The leg pain and twitching got worse after a couple of nights of like body chills and shivers and being really sick....I don't know if that is a sign of anything... My parents gave me a muscle relaxant thing and that worked and helped me out....So please wish me luck all <3

• Posted

I will be thinking of you. Keep me posted.
  • Posted

I don't know whether to be happy that you finally have an answer or sad that you have fibro. You know what I mean? And your so young to given such a painful diagnose cities at such a young age really is rough.. Did he give you any medication for it? Well good luck on that diagnosis..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.