2 weeks on Jakavi

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I started Jakavi 2 weeks ago and want to keep you posted. I don’t want to get excited too early, but I’ve had no adverse reaction at all. Maybe some gas the first few days...When I talked with the pharmacist, I was a little scared with the long list of possible reactions. So far so good. I find that my energy is also back (after the fatigue on Hydroxyurea). For me, the experience is good. 

Marie

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marie glad to hear you're tolerating the Jakafi. The list of side effects is long as is with every drug. You may experience some of them. Gassyness is a synptom. I have experienced it and still do. May I suggest Gas X which helps a lot. Hope your numbers respond. Keep us posted Zap

• Posted

Hi Linda,

You will be pleased to learn that my recent haematology visit showed that my results remained as normal.  I feel pretty well generally and expect things to stay this way.  If things continue in this vein I might hope for fewer haematology visits in the future.  That would be a plus.  Will most likely send you a post on the private line very soon.  Hope all is well with your symptoms.  Regards.

Peter.

• Posted

Hi Marie-jos,

You seem to be following the same path as I when starting with Jakavi.  It is now 3 years since I had my first dosage of this medication and it all seems to be favourable so far.  If I suffer symptoms now I certainly don't seem to notice them.  I am on just about the lowest dosage and my blood tests continue to show normal but it did take a year or more to get to this stage.   It just remains to discover what the long term may bring - let us hope it remains as it is now.  As far as the long list of reactions is concerned this will relate to what a number of patients have reported so it is unlikely they will all affect you.  As I have often said, each patient is different.  Best of luck.

Peter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.