20 disorders but are they xxy disorders or am I unique

Posted , 2 users are following.

Here are some of my medical issues but don't know if they are related to my heritage or Klinefelter's.

I have retractile testes or ascending testes. Hyperlipidemia. Heartburn or GERD. Contracted bladder.Gross hematuria. Adenomatous colon polyp. Asthma. Diabetes type 2. Obstructive sleep apnea. Edema (swelling) in arm and legs. Left ventricular hypertrophy. Heart murmur . Deep vein thrombosis. Vitamin D deficiency. Statistics dermatitis. Subclinical hypothyroidism. Thrombocytopenia. Flat feet before I had my leg amputations.These are my medical problems. You might have some or none at all. I have more disorders but I am not depressed because of them. On the past, yes , I was depressed but now I am content, because I can't change who I am or the many medical procedures I have gone throughout my lifetime. I was diagnosed at age 29 in 1982 with xxy and now I will be 65 next month. Like the saying goes --I am what I am.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have a new keyboard, and the bloody thing keeps moving away from me!  sad
  • Posted

Anyway, why don't you get your balls fixed?
    • Posted

I had retractile testes but had them surgically tied down about 1993 .It is called orchiopexy. But they still seem to want to rise up, periodically. Plus since I have been on hemodialysis since February 2014, my testes have shrunk even smaller. They used to be hazel nut size (as if the hazel nut had its shell. on) Now they are smaller than the nut inside.

Which is why I get 200 mg of testosterone shots in my hip every 3 months. I need additional hormones

but since I live in a high altitude region over 5000 feet, I worry that my hematocrit could rise above 50, which could cause a heart attack. Because testosterone thickens the blood in high altitude regions. Scientists don't know why. Getting hormone shots every 2 weeks and I get a constant erection. Since hemodialysis lowers your sex drive, I cannot get an erection. I could get meds but I don't need anymore medication at this time in my life. So I will keep my hormone shots at every 3 weeks. I go to the doctor's office and a nurse gives me the shot in my hip.

• Posted

I had a orchiopexy in 1993, which tied down my testes to my scrotum. But they tend to rise up periodically.
    • Posted

Right, well, when I was 17 my balls were less than 1.0ml volume, imagine regular garden pea size.  However when I was 12 my neighbour wanted to see my balls, well the hair around them at least, and they were definitely bigger than 1.0ml then.  I think your operation to secure your balls is a failure.  Maybe you need it done again? They ought not move at all once they're secured.  Mine never moved again once they were secured.  

Testosterone increases red blood cell production, which in turn increases blood viscosity, (thickness),  that's why athletes abuse it,  so they get more oxygen to their muscles faster.  On the world scale I don't know what 200mgs equates to, but it doesn't sound like much.  I used to have 250mgs a week at one stage.  Of course I was under medical supervision and I had a particular goal in mind.   I wanted to grow facial & body hair and I wanted to shave like any other man.

These days I have the 2.5mg Androderm Patch, daily, which is acceptable.  It allows me to have a good sex life, I have plenty of erections.  I put it on myself, no need for constant medical visits, or nurses to inject me, it's very convenient.

Medications, if I need them I have them, if I think the side effects are not worth the benefits I don't.  

• Posted

I asked the urologist about 4 years ago and he said since I was too old over 50 that the surgery would be to risky to go in and secure my balls. down. So I usually have to press down with my hands so I they stay down but since I think my spermatic cord is too short is the reason why I have problems. I cannot use the testosterone patches because I am allergic to the glue. My skin turns bright pink and then I get hives. When the scrotum patches furst came out I used them but I had to wear a jock strap to keep it on , then my insurance plan dropped the scrotum patch and changed to the and androderm. patches. I used them 2 weeks before I went back on the injections. Before I got testosterone, I didn't have any body hair on my face chest back or legs. After testosterone, I can grow a full beard but limited hair in my upper lip, chest and back hair, but limited limited hair on my legs. I assumed my whole body would be covered with hair. But I have male pattern baldnes Yet all my male relative's have no bald spots on their heads. Before testosterone, I had very thick hair but once I got the injections, my hair started to thin. I think that was the time my doctor started me on 300 milligrams, then 250 milligrams then finally to 200 milligrams of testosterone then back up to 250 then back to 200. I forgot to tell you that since I am on hemodialysis, my ball's have shrunk even more. I used to have some substance come out, now nothing.

I

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.