20MG of Omeprazole

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with gastritis and my doc prescribed 150mg of Zantac. Went back to doc and while the Zantac has helped some it hasn't helped fully. So she prescribed omeprazole. I go for an ultrasound of my gallbladder Thursday. But I wanted to ask for some personal experiences using this medication. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Some have taken it for 20+ years with no side effects on a daily basis, some have taken it for a couple of days with huge side effects, id depends on your body configuration(genetics). If it helps you and if you handle it well then cool if you get side effects and you must take then switch to another brand, my suggestion is pantoprazole (been on it for 3 years no side effects). Try to get off the medication at some point. If you can't then you'll stay on it, it's the best thing that a gastro or GP can give to treat stomach-esophageal problems...

• Posted

Started taking omperazole 20mg two nights ago for suspected gastritis I've had bad explosion of diarrheoa didn't even make it to toilet I'm so worried I feel awful already been to a n e twice in 5 days for un describable pain round and under left rib into back both arms I have autoimmune hepititis live condition have had various bloods done came back normal I can't understand this it doesn't make sense I'm in agony 24/7 been like this for weeks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.