38 with covid I’m scared to death

Posted , 8 users are following.

please help me... im day 10 into my covid partner was diagnosed day before me she works in a school.

i thought my symptoms were getting better. my breathing is short shallow and my oxygen is 94 buy have got it up to 97.. innthr last hour my chest has become more painful. im scared to take a deep breath. my throat hurts like when your running in winter and u take deep breaths. im so so scared im

numb. i have 4 kids here and i dont know what to do...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry you are going through this. here are some questions……

Have you spoken with your doctor?

from what you are saying, I think you need to go get checked out now.

Your oxygen at 94 is very low I know you said you got it up but it’s important to be evaluated.

have someone drive you because you are very anxious and it would be unsafe if you drove. Everything may end up being OK but just get checked out.try to take some slow long deep breath‘s so you can calm down a little bit. Please let us know how you are doing. Take care

• Posted

It's a marathon. Try to sit up or stand up as much as possible. DO NOT SLEEP ON YOUR BACK. Please either sleep on your side or stomach is best. Try to stay hydrated and definitely keep that fever under control. I'm on day 14. After 3 trips to the ER, and being admitted for 3 of those days I'm home and feeling better. My breathing is slowly coming around, but very slow. Keep eating, no matter how small, keep feeding your body. Let it do its job.

Best of Luck.

• Edited

Hi,

Sorry you are going through this. Some good advice from Clinton.

Are you taking any supplements like D3, zinc, etc etc.?

D3 is perhaps the most important vitamin when it comes to Covid. D3 is found to be low in aprox 80% of people that get infected with Covid.

In order to get up to proper levels you need a lot more than Government recommends. Perhaps 2,000 to 5,000 IU's . Please research this and make your own decision.

Keep us posted and wishing for speedy recovery.

• Posted

I had covid 4 weeks ago. No taste and no smell. Body aching and a bit of fever. It was awful. Something I will not want to experience again. I consumed Subarashi health food which is a product from Japan recommended by my friend. I don't know if you have it in your country. I recovered after a week of consumption and now felt completely normal now. I hope you get well soon.

• Posted

Hi there try not to get yourself too worked up, hope you're feeling ok. it sounds like you’re having a bit of a bad time having suffered with 10 days already but look on the bright side, you’re probably past the halfway mark now and you’re not going through this alone you’ve got your lovely partner going through it with you.

Listen to some sleep meditation on YouTube, it really helps even if it’s just to rest your mind in the evening. I’ve just received a diagnosis but I’ve had health worries in the past, all I can recommend is you will get over this probably just like you’ve got over many things in the past

• Posted

Just in case anyone is reading this later on (because this was 13 days ago so it's not very helpful to the OP)

94 is NOT very low oxygen. It's perfectly normal. Anything above 90 is good. 97 is excellent.

Not to diminish how the OP was feeling at the time, just don't want someone to come through here and panic seeing that.

(Nurse here, for context)

• Posted

Hey Hi

Don't scared.

Keep yourself within a distance with your family members and try to get covid test as soon as possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.