6 months in

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello everyone, i wrote on here about 5/6 months ago when i first got ill. ive had pretty similar stuff to most of you (i am breathless all the time, cant exert myself much because i get tired and really breathless at night). if im honest i am pretty much the same as i was 6 months ago with no improvement. i had a private antibody test, but it came back negative. after pushing my gp i had an xray which was all clear. other than that i havent really had much help from the doctor - they just say i have asthma triggered by a virus. im not sure about anyone else, but the inhalers dont seem to help at all and im not sure what else to do, is there any other treatment i can have? they prescribed me some steriods, but im not sure weather to take them as i know they can weaken your immune system. ive heard there are covid clinics, should i see if i can get refered? ive figured out i cant exert myself (i seem to get a delayed reaction for a couple of days after). any tips would be great. thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

have you ever had a Covid test? I know you had the antibody test. Also, sometimes we have to do things to feel better such as trying the steroids. There’s always a risk to just about everything we do but there are times where we just have to do it., especially if you have asthma. Six months is a long time to feel that way.

if it gives you peace of mind, check out the Covid clinics.

you can always get another opinion from another Doctor Who might have other ideas. take care

• Posted

Hello Luke, I had the virus back in March and although six months later I'm a lot better and most symptoms gone sometimes l still suffer with shortness of breath. Sometimes when im sitting down and doing nothing. I noticed lately it starts with my sinuses feeling blocked and my breathing feels short. It doesn't last more than 30 to 45 (yes I've timed it😊) then I feel my sinuses unblocking and breathing back to normal again. I have spoken to GP and he told me that it takes 6to 12months to recover from pneumonia. I was told to rest and do light exercise no running. Drink lots of water, I'm taking vitamins and although I'm back at work resting is very important. Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.