ACE inhibitors and PRV

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone. I am being sent to Hematologist (June 5th) to confirm diagnosis of PVR. Right now they are trying to get my BP under control. First water pills and now I have to begin Ramipril - do any of youhave to take this one? Any side effects?

Cheers!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Good luck with that,

I was on a BP meds and because it was believed they were causing a reduced kidney function they supplemented it with water tablets. Then they removed the BP meds. Now it seems the effect on the kidneys was from the immunosuppression, which has since been changed. I am still on the water tablets.

Nigel

• Posted

jenn

i am on ramipril and few others, i had heart attack aged 39 (8years ago) and was diagnosed with PRV 10 weeks ago,I'm  tablets, lots of water and venasection every 3 weeks, only just getting my head around the  news but I think i'm coping

• Posted

Hi Doug,

I just started on it last night, so far so good. Isn't it strange that it takes so long for diagnosis? In my case I had been feeling bad for a decade and only now are they saying PRV. My BP has been so high most of my life, the Dr's thought their equipment was the problem! (200/100!). Finally somebody caught it, but only because I have nerve damage now. My Hematology is coming up and I can't wait to feel better;-) For me the itching was the worst, but it is under control for the most part with hydroxyzine before bed. 

I hope you're doing well. There is loads in information around, and it looks like the Mayo clinic in the US have some studies going on, so that is hopeful!

Jenn

• Posted

I had to go off the Ramipril last week because my fingers kept going numb - but I see the Hematologist on Thursday so maybe she'll give me something else
    • Posted

Sorry jen,

didn't see your reply, forgot password for this page, hope alls well, I'm coping, just the water intake is doing me in, to many bathroom visits, unbroken sleep would be nice

• Posted

I've not heard of having to drink so much water - I do drink a lot though myself to try and stay cool - but I stop drinking a few hours before bed - I know what you mean though, I have had a cough for 6 weeks not, can't recall sleeping through the night! ;-)
    • Posted

Jen

i was told to drink lots of water because at the start i was having 2 venasections a week, got dehydrated and ended up in A & E, now on 5 pints a day, feeling better, understanding and coping is the hardest thing, I've got 3 teenage boys, so need to carry on, work was affected to start with but work mates were brilliant, now dealing with everything and lifes good, i now understand why I felt so bad for the last 3 years, doing much more now than before, gave up smoking (no choice), wife lets me out and boys understand, can't beat it, just control it, don't let control me, Doug

• Posted

Oh good for you! Two a week wow! Yes I agree coping is the most difficult, I have been feeling so poorly for a decade now that anything they can do I will be so grateful for! 

You guys must be very busy with a houseful of boys!! haha;-)

• Posted

Been on ramapril for 8 years, no side affects, i think

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.