Aches and pains

Posted , 5 users are following.

I wonder if anyone has experienced any pains a little like you get when you have over exercised , mainly in the buttock, hip and hamstring area?.  I was prescribed omprazole for LPR only 5 days ago  and am now in agonizing pain especially in my hip and upper leg area ???

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you exercise a lot the answer might be quite simple.

Omeprazole inhibits the absorption of Magnesium amongst other essential nutrients, Magnesium is needed by all of us however when exercising, larger amounts are consumed by our body, your muscles will ache crying out for Magnesium! Try getting some good Magesium oil and rubbing it into the thigh and hip area.. also into the inner aspect of your wrist.

You need to weigh up the benefits of this drug as oppose to the terrible side effects.

• Posted

Thanks for that, have not exercised since feeling sore, but did have a bike ride the day before so that could be it.  Thanks for your comments very much.
    • Posted

No problem at all but if you have reflux, take a look at your diet first if you can. Raise the head of your bed about 6 inches, try not to eat after about 6pm esp fatty foods. Dairy is terrible for reflux and meat not great either. Try cutting them out for a few weeks, butter, milk, cheese ...lactose can be such a bad thing for humans. Its all worth a try, plenty of info on the net..sorry I cant post any links
    • Posted

I am being proactive on that score, but I was shocked to find I had LPR as I am the healthiest eater I know!!! Lol, have cut out caffeine and spicy foods which are perhaps the only things that I consume on a regular basis , I cook a lot myself and love using herbs and spices instead of salt ... Can't win!!!, anyhow, fingers crossed, have consulted my dr and they have suggested I stop taking the omeprazol so will wait to see what they want to try instead.  Thanks for your help. 
  • Posted

Hi,

I have been taking omeprazol for almost a month, 

for around 5 days now i am experiencing pains in my legs and arms as i have excercised or carried something heavy. I haven't done anything hat could cause that. I only feel pains from my knees to my ankles and from  my elbows to my fingers, could please anyone tell me if they had anything similiar. I am very concerned about that as they came out of the blue and they are not going away. 

• Posted

I have had such pains for months.. maybe years... and been tested for fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, lyme disease. Everyone seems to chalk it up to my weight and not being active (I can barely walk.. muscles are stiff, screaming sore and bones and joints ache).... I used to take so much Advil or Excedrin but developed an allergy to it a few months ago. Long story a little shorter... I have read about the omeprazole and also lexapro which I am on to possibly be the cause so with my doctor's blessing I am stopping the Omeprazole and taking otc Zantac. It has only been a few days and so far I still have awful pain but the more I read the more I am convinced this is med related... Please, don't suffer any longer than you have to. I CRAVE to walk and be able to be active and pray that I can soon enough.  Please keep me posted on how you are doing Daria!!  Blessings! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.