Air hunger for months, dizzy only when walking, is this early fibrosis from reflux?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Please help. My husband (30 never smoked) is convinced he has the early stages of lung fibrosis from possible silent reflux (pepsin) getting into his lungs over about 6 years. The problem is, when he was checked by an ENT with a scope they said his vocal cords looked fine (he will be getting a second opinion by a laryngeologist soon). He has had full pulmonology work up (perfect, 5 months ago)cardio work up, GI scope (only into his stomach, which revealed gastritis and esophagitis), and chest HRCT with contrast and .6 mm slicing (most detailed available). The HRCT was clear. He has no cough. Ox sats are normal. Trouble catching his breath (air hunger) for 10 months now, decreased exercise tolerance, burning throat and food regurgitation (not digested), feels like food is getting stuck in throat, getting dizzy when walking around sometimes, and trouble catching breath with simple activity, such as cooking. He is also type A, stressed out about this, and high anxiety. I am at a loss, and my last resort was to join this forum in hopes someone could lend insight into whether this is beginning stages of fibrosis, according to his symptoms. Thank you. ❤️

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.