Anxious about Reflux need reassurance

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have posted before but didn’t hear back from too many people. I have suddenly developed acid reflux, I thought after two weeks it would sort itself out sadly it didn’t. Literally everything I drank or ate I would have excess burping all day and reflux after eating. I went to the drs and they have given me a course of Lansoprazole for 4 weeks - I am two weeks in and nothing has changed?? I am a 35 female I don’t drink alcohol, am not overweight and don’t have a bad diet!! anyone else had this condition out of no where or experience of this drug? Does it take a while to settle down again? Thanks - I am anxious as it is not shifting so life quite unpleaseant at present. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am dealing with sorta the same thing the only different is I took them ppis too long 6 months and when I stop its gets 10 times worst. If the ppi ain't helping in a month stop for goodness sake.have u tried apple cider vinegar at meal time in case u have low stomach acid.and a good that really helps me is sleeping raised up a bit.

• Posted

I'm still dealing with it.but it's not as bad.changed to a h2 blocker which isn't as hard on ure system and have to watch stress as for a lot of ppl that can kick it all off.

• Posted

Hi, I read your post and I would like to tell you about my experiences with heartburn medication do not take the proton pump inhibitors they are no good they are poison just my opinion I was on one , omeprazole for 10 years and its course is supposed to be for only 14 days so I quit taking it about 2 years ago but now I have all kinds of medical issues issues with gastrointestinal my bladder is acting up my kidney is so far so good but I have a host of other medical things wrong with me and it was all because of the proton pump inhibitor omeprazole if you can just use Rolaids or Tums they were just as good and you won't be putting your health in peril like I did. wish I could go back in time but it's too late for me I hope this helps. I did alot of research after the fact that's when I learned about how bad the proton pump inhibitors really are it also affects your heart and it effects dementia don't mean to scare you but if you research it you'll find everything that I'm talking about good luck let us know Helen

• Posted

Hi helen thanks for your response - I guess I’m trying to understand where this reflux has come from?? I don’t have a bad diet, I am not overweight, I don’t drink alcohol very often?!!! If you system gets out of sync does it take a while for it all to settle down again? I’m doing all the right things and it won’t shift?? How do you deal with it daily?? Thanks 
  • Posted

Hi I deal with it daily with Rolaids and Tums and that seems to work pretty good I'm also like you I have a good diet vegetables fruit and I go walking three times a day for miles I don't drink I don't smoke the only thing I do that is jeopardizing my health is drink coffee let me know how you're doing Helen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.