ANY HELP PLEASE Been on omeprazole for years stopped taking them

Posted , 2 users are following.

stopped taking omeprazole 20mg morning night cut it down to one a day then just the odd one here and there, i was eating anything i wanted no reflux nothing, i had a fry up every day for breakfast for around 2weeks while on holiday , back to work then bang reflux took one omop nothing got some peptac no good then back on one at  night and morning still getting worse peptac rennnies 3 omop a day still no relief plus ranitdine from quacks a little better anyone know whats going on why are they not working now ????  

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Gary48320

I think it's important to stay on a strict diet while weaning off ppi. I ate only soft vegetable soup right now. Eat something easy for the stomach to digest. It took a gal named Cagu almost 2 years to get back to normalcy.

I am also trying to wean off ppi at this moment. I am off the ppi right now but still debating whether or not I should take H2 blockers.

Google up Cagu and you will find her post in Inspire. Good luck.

• Posted

so it could take another 2yrs for omoprazole to kick in again ? ohh please no 
  • Posted

Gary48320

What I meant was it took that lady 2 years to return to normal. It is all depend on individual. Some recover shorter, some take longer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.