Any natural remedies to lighten my purple patch ( sarcoidosis)

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with sarcoidosis. My lungs don't appear to be affected. However, I have several raised purple patches on various parts of my body. The medication has help to reduce the lumps. I am now left with fairly large purple dry patches. One patch is on the tip of my nose and one on my arm. They are making me depressed and need to be able to get rid of them. I don't wear makeup and would be interested in anything natura l that may reduce the colour.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hiya

I had a patch on the end of my nose, apart from auditioning for a part inthe pantomime as Rudolph, I tried bio oil. It takes a bit of time, but my

Patch has practically gone. Don't be self conscious, most people don't

Notice.

• Posted

Thanks so much, will be buying a bottle of bio oil tomorrow.
  • Posted

I've been recently diagnosed with Sarcoidosis, but not had any skin discolouring etc. However a couple of years ago I blacked out and fell leaving a long nasty cut across my forehead. I used Bio Oil for the next year or so and the scar hardly shows now at all. So I would definitely recommend Bio Oil for any scars/blemishes on the skin.  Do persist with it, but definitely fades any marks.
  • Posted

Sarcoidosis is a known trigger for erythema nodosum (those red bumps you have on legs)

This may help you or your doctor or it might be off target.

Hope it helps

Tangles

• Posted

Wow, thanks so much, this information is very useful and will speak to my doctor further.
  • Posted

Hi Pink

sarcoid sometimes causes 'lupus pernio' (nothing to do with lupus!!) a purple rash on the nose and cheeks. If its that avoid sun and wind as these tend to make it worse. Moisturise the skin regularly, and agree that bio-oil may help

The British Red Cross over a great skin camouflage service called 'changing faces'. Their volunteers can match a concealer make-up to your natural skin tone. Check out their website

Newton

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.