Anyone else have problems with plastic implants, etc.?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I probably have had masto for years, but not until I went into allergic shock and died for a while that the doctors decided to test my tryptase which was high. I am on Cromolyn, Claritin, Zantac, Protonix (will have to switch because of lactose newly added), flonase, and an inhaler. I had a cervical fusion and cages installed with a bone fragment still pressing on the spine. I have read that implants can trigger the body's response. I told the surgeon I felt something wasn't right, but he scoffed at the idea, and said I would be dead without the surgery, so there you go.

I am profoundly deaf and just bought a hearing aid. It's the BTE kind and after wearing it a few days, my whole side of my head ached, my ear was itchy, and I had to take it out. I am having problems with wearing my dentures for long periods of time too. Now I am taking Benadryl to try to counteract the reaction that is still going on.

I have an appointment with Dr. Akin but not until September. My allergist is trying to help me, but he is at a loss. My ENT doesn't know what to do either. Forget the resident I see. I was supposed to a TKR but they say it's too risky.

Has anyone had problems with plastics or replacements? I am bummed as I hate being so deaf. I'd like to hear my grandson talking to me. Is there hypoallergenic hearing aids?

I have been reduced to only being able to eat about 8 foods. My nails are splitting, and I know I'm not getting nutrition. What vitamins are safe, probiotics? I have to be gf, dairy free, etc. What a life. I'm itching right now.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi adonnya

i have mastcell leukemia with ASM. thank you for posting about your denture situation asi am about to get dentures myself. aftr reading your post ..... i didsome goolingand found a websitefor adenturist whohad     patients with allergies totheir dentures ...i tried his sugestionsandsure eough therewas irratiion .i willsend the link in hopes that it might help and mybe they can do something with your hearing aides. thanks for posting it helped me. 

https://www.oralhealthgroup.com/features/pain-control-the-burning-mouth-syndrome/

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.