Anyone else suffering in this heat?

Posted , 5 users are following.

My hair gets soaking wet this weather as soon as I’m out and about gardening ( in the shade)  washing kitchen floor hanging out washing nothing strenuous just normal everyday jobs. I asked my hairdresser she said nothing. To do with your hair it’s your body over hearing ? Any one else experienced this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Over heating I meant !
  • Posted

I do seem to be “glowing” rather more than the rest of the family.

Cool showers and lots of liedowns with the windows open.🙂

• Posted

Well there you are Angela, you must be a shining light indeed.  Keep smiling.

Peter.

• Posted

Well, it would seem that your sweat glands are being overworked.   It isn't a problem I'd associate with PV.    Maybe  your GP can come up with a solution.  Is it just your head that is affected?  Perhaps an infection has got into your scalp, not unknown.   Hope you can clear the matter top, must be frustrating.

Peter.

• Posted

Hello, yes I am drenched with a minimum of movement. It's horrid. I have read somewhere that for some people heat intolerance is a symptom but I can't find the article now to forward it.

• Posted

Hi Po32 6AP. Yes, My PV causes my head to sweat whenever I clean, or do any chores in the yard. It is not just the heat. It is that my blood is a little high, and it makes me hot. Also, my hematologist told me to stay inside when it's hot out. I too like to weed, but It's just too hot right now. f it cools down, I am able to go out at 7Am and weed for one hour. I am a 76 yr old female, and that is all I can handle. I hate having to shower and wash my hair every time my head sweats.  Best wishes, and welcome to the club. harrishill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.