im take Lansoprazole and use 2 weeks

My belly now has a little bit of pain and little muscle pain

this side effects?

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

and bowel pain
  • Posted

Don’t take it, PPI’s cause problems with gall bladder and liver. They were never designed to be taken longer than 2 weeks. Your muscle pain could be due to a drop in calcium levels, this happened to me while on them, I didn’t know while I was on them that they could cause liver or gall bladder problems until I did some research on PPi’s. I think it might be a bit late for me know as I have symptoms of gall bladder and/or liver problems now and I’m waiting to see a gastroenterologist. It’s not too late for you, you should opt to change your diet and try a Mediterranean style diet with plenty of olive oil. 
    • Posted

thank you im stop use Lansoprazole

u use more 2 weeks? how many weeks? and what pain?

• Posted

I used them for 2 and a half years on and off. I had a sore stomach on them, my calcium dropped, then two weeks after that my phosphate levels dropped, I now have upper right and upper left quadrant pain, pain in right middle and left middle of back and pain in shoulder blades. A dull aching, squeezing pain at the liver/gall bladder area. I never had any of this until I took those PPI’s. I took them for acid reflux/heartburn/indegestion. Always better to change the diet than go on meds. 👍😁

• Posted

thank you

im use Acute gastritis and reflux biggrin now use Low dose

Before using lansoprazole, only pain in the stomach, but now the entire abdomen is sore

• Posted

Just be careful with them, there dangerous. I’m 99% sure they’ve caused me liver/gall bladder problems. 🙁

• Posted

If you have to take doctors pills, try Rinitidine, there not as bad. But it would be better to try a Mediterranean style diet, lots of veg and olive oil, this works well. 👍😁

• Posted

Yes, I was bloated on it, had a drop in my calcium levels and phosphate levels. It made me feel sick, my stomach felt dead. I was also on omeprazole as well. 
    • Posted

Yes, I've reduced the amount of medicine, and I feel better, just a little bit of a feeling of swelling in the abdomen

• Posted

sorry Do you feel swollen in the abdomen? with lansoprazole

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.