Atrophied Testes(xxy) can they shrink w/age

Posted , 5 users are following.

In my 20's, my Testes were consistently semi hard, like hazel nut size. They continued to be like this in my 50's and early 60's, but lately they are no longer the same. I am 66. One feels like a hazel nut sized testicle, but the left one feels like it has shrunk and now resembles a soft one fourth sized testicle almost like a tadpole.

Since my testicles were. surgically sewed to the bottom of my scrotum, I sometimes sit on my scrotum and testicles. I don't think by sitting on them would shrink them. Am I right?

I had the condition called retractile or ascending testicles. They would retract back into my iguinal area everyday. Sometimes causing severe pain. So I had an operation called orchiopexy at age 42.

Any discussion on this topic will be appreciated. Am I alone with this condition.

On the internet, I have found shrinkage of penis size, prostate size, but nothing about shrinkage of testicles or Testes.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

To the question, yes indeed XXY testes shrink with age, that age just just a lot younger than you. Initially XXY's testes grow normally, then at some point after the onset of puberty they atrophy.I suspect how much they atrophy depends on how many cells in the testes have the additional X in them. We know mosaics XY/XXY's can have enough sperm to be fertile, as their testes do not atrophy so much.

• Posted

This is normal, because i am inclined to say to same thing, its odd that one testicle feels like it has a cable attached and the other one feels more round.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.