Avoiding those who do not seem to understand!

Posted , 2 users are following.

We take extra measures to avoid contact in public. But our experience is that no one takes any notice of distancing. In the supermarket people young and old just head for the shelf even though we are there. No patience at all or just ignorant or don't just care. They are the ones who could catch it as well so beggars belief! Do people think wearing a mask makes them safe? I know the government is making a pigs ear of this but really!.

Be interested in other peoples views on this.

Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

wearing a mask does not make YOU safe.

it stops small particles of saliva and muck leaving you're mouth and nose, the amount of people I see who don't cover their nose is unbelievable, usually they're the ones discussing how it annoys them when they see people just not wearing masks.

I am going to let you into a little secret, COVID-19 is a killer but it is nowhere near as bad as the world is making out. it is like the flu only it is slightly more powerful and once it makes its way into the lungs it is difficult (not impossible) to deal with.

it mostly takes the lives of those who cannot or do not have an effective immune system.

I am a very pleasant person but I have shouted and sworn at people for being idiots. I am a health care professional and see hundreds of people with covid so I am literally the last person you want to rub shoulders with in a supermarket. surely that tin of beans can wait 30 seconds..

if I'm in a good mood I just tell them to give me space, I work for the NHS I do not want 14 days off right now. if I'm in a bad mood I normally go into full sarcasm mode.

in my opinion people need to do 2 things.

1. wear masks properly
    2. actually put 6 feet between yourselves.

it's not hard, put a bit of cloth over your face amd stay away from people.. not hard at all!

and for those saying covid isn't real, err yes it is it may not be as bad as say small pox but it is a new virus and we have no way of killing it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.